A documentary featuring interviews with all surviving former heads of Shin Bet, the Israeli security agency whose activities and membership are closely held state secrets.
For the first time ever, six former heads of Israel’s domestic secret service agency, the Shin Bet, share their insights and reflect publicly on their actions and decisions.
Since the Six Day War in 1967, Israel has failed to transform its crushing military victory into a lasting peace. Throughout that entire period, these heads of the Shin Bet stood at the center of Israel’s decision-making process in all matters pertaining to security. They worked closely with every Israeli prime minister, and their assessments and insights had—and continue to have—a profound impact on Israeli policy.
The Gatekeepers offers an exclusive account of the sum of their successes and failures. In the process it sheds light on the controversy surrounding the Occupation in the aftermath of the Six Day War.
AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS
– Oscar/Academy Awards, USA 2013, Nominated Oscar Best Documentary
– ISMF 2013, Nominated Best Music
– Adolf Grimme Awards, Germany 2014, Nominated Adolf Grimme Award Information & Culture
– Alliance of Women Film Journalists 2013, Nominated EDA Award Best Documentary
– Asia Pacific Screen Awards 2013, Nominated Asia Pacific Screen Award Best
– Australian Film Critics Association Awards 2014, NominatedAFCA Award Best Documentary
– Awards of the Israeli Film Academy 2013, Won Award of the Israeli Film Academy Best Documentary
– Biarritz International Festival of Audiovisual Programming 2013, Won Special Mention Reports and Social Issues
– Cinema for Peace, Berlin Awards 2013, Won Cinema for Peace Award Most Valuable Documentary of the Year
– Dallas-Fort Worth Film Critics Association Awards 2013, Nominated DFWFCA Award Best Documentary
– Golden Trailer Awards 2013, Won Golden Trailer Best Foreign Documentary Trailer
– Indiewire Critics Poll 2012, NominatedICP Award Best Documentary 5th place
– Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards 2012, Won LAFCA Award Best Documentary/Non-Fiction
– National Board of Review, USA 2012, Won NBR Award Top Five Documentaries
– National Society of Film Critics Awards, USA 2013, Won NSFC Award Best Non-Fiction Film
– New York Film Critics Circle Awards 2012, 2nd place NYFCC Award Best Non-Fiction Film
– PGA Awards 2013, Nominated PGA Award Outstanding Producer of Documentary Theatrical Motion Pictures
– Satellite Awards 2012, Nominated Satellite Award Best Motion Picture, Documentary
– Village Voice Film Poll 2012, 3rd place VVFP Award Best Documentary Feature Film3rd place.,Oscar